Invitation From LeaderSpring
August 9, 2013
News From LeaderSpring:
LeaderSpring invites San Francisco-based veteran and mid-career nonprofit executive directors toapply to our two-year, on-the-job Fellowship. This Fellowship is ideal for experienced leaders of organizations serving low-income communities and communities of color, and who seek to advance their knowledge, skills and capacity towards building effective organizations while gaining a sense of personal renewal. Fellows participate in retreats, monthly day-long gatherings, workshops with seasoned trainers, executive coaching, and a customized study trip to a nationally-respected organization.
Building on our 16-year proven record, LeaderSpring is pleased to provide a program that is highly adaptive to the needs of the cohort, builds lasting relationships among participants, and includes a social justice focus. The LeaderSpring program is the only two-year, place-based fellowship in the San Francisco Bay Area that also leads to a vibrant, cross-sector alumni leader network of executive directors, now with 158 members.
Through this Fellowship, leaders have opportunities to engage in personal and
organizational transformation, including:
- -Enhancing the performance of their organizations, including board governance and personnel management.
- -Sharpening their leadership, management and advocacy skills by focusing on practical, real-time issues.
- -Combining rigorous standards of performance (head) with relationship building, reflection and renewal (heart)
- -Participating in critical dialogue around community building, equity, social justice, power and love.
- -Building bonds with peers, enabling cross-issue partnerships and initiating groundwork for collective impact.
Preliminary phone screenings to determine eligibility will be conducted June through August (applications are distributed after this screening). To schedule a screening, please email Julie Guy, Program Associate firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 286-8949. For more information, visit leaderspring.org. Applications are due Friday, August 30, 2013 by 5:00 p.m.
Fellowships are generously subsidized thanks to grants from: American Express Foundation, Comerica Bank, James Irvine Foundation (Community Leadership Project), S. H. Cowell Foundation, The San Francisco Foundation, The Whitman Institute, and Y & H Soda Foundation.